Applying for admission in academic session 2008-2009
|If you wish to apply for admission in September 2009 or later you should apply via the online application system (EUCLID).
Click here for more information.
If you want to apply for admission in the current academic session
(i.e. before September 2009) you must return signed, completed
copies of the application form and the equal opportunities monitoring
form by post.
As we require the forms to be signed we are unable to
accept faxed, scanned or e-mailed documents
The application forms are available to download
either as RTF (Rich Text Format), which can be opened in a word processor package (such as Word), or as PDF (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader).
Depending on the version of Adobe Acrobat you have, and how it is
configured, you may be able to fill-in the forms online. They may then
be printed, signed and returned, along with any supporting documents.
Please read the Notes on Completion and the Terms & Conditions
carefully before submitting your application.
If you cannot download the form, ask the Informatics Graduate School team
to post one to you.
Please supply us with:
- two academic referees;
- if you are applying for a research degree (MSc by Research/MPhil/PhD)
- indicate at Question 21 your proposed research topic (refer to our research directory, the list of project topics we are currently recruiting for, or suggest your own topic) and the research institute(s) you think will be most appropriate (see our list of research institutes);
- enclose a Research Proposal with your application form;
- if appropriate, get in touch with a potential supervisor to see if he/she would be able to supervise your work;
- If you have discussed your application with a potential supervisor give their name in answer to Question 23;
- let us know what your source of funding is or indicate whether you wish to be considered for one of our scholarships;
- if English is not your first language, please supply evidence of
proficiency in English. You will need an IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL
score of 580 (paper-based) or 237 (computer-based). Further information.
Please return the applicaiton form and supporting documents to the Graduate School Administration Officer.