SEOC2: Software Engineering with Objects and Components 2
This is the home page for the School of Informatics course
"Software Engineering with Objects and Components 2", given by James
A. Bednar in January-March 2005.
- 09 Jan 05: These pages will be updated regularly over the
semester, so please check this page and the lecture notes page at
least weekly for news. Be sure to refresh both pages in your browser
before deciding there is no news.
- 13 Jan 05:
New $170 million FBI computer program "outdated and
inadequate", probably "worthless". "There were problems we did not
- 17 Jan 05: Added coursework deadlines page above.
- 18 Jan 05: You may be interested in this Turing Award Webcast on 20 Jan
from Fred Brooks, one of the pioneers of software engineering, on
the topic of collaborations.
- 30 Jan 05: Added clarifications to
- 4 Feb 05: Added
Assignment 2. There will
be team meetings on both days next week, so be sure not to miss class.
- 27 Feb 05: Added
list of useful tools.
- 01 Mar 05: Added
Assignment 3 and the MSc
- 09 Mar 05: The last class day will be 11 March, so be sure to
attend so that you know what will be covered on the exam!
- 25 Mar 05: Updated list of
background reading to show which
ones are required for satisfactory performance on the exam.
- 08 Apr 05: You might be interested in this
job posting targeted at UE graduates who have taken SW
- 19 Apr 05: Another job posting.
Last updated: 2005/04/19 14:56:48
|Informatics Forum, 10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9AB, Scotland, UK
Tel: +44 131 651 5661, Fax: +44 131 651 1426, E-mail:
Please contact our webadmin with
any comments or corrections. Logging and Cookies
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all material is copyright ©
The University of Edinburgh