Reinforcement Learning (Level 11)
RL 2017-18 Semester 2
Lecturer: Pavlos Andreadis (
Lecture times: Tuesday and Friday 12:10 - 13:00 at Teviot Lecture Theatre, Medical School, Doorway 5 (map).
Office hours: Fridays 15:00 - 17:00 at Appleton Tower, Room 3.06.
First lecture on 16/1/2018
Lecture topics, hand-outs and schedule here.
Course secretary: Katey Lee (
Teaching Assistant: Ross McKenzie (
TA Office hours: Wednesdays at 16:00 - 17:00 at Informatics Forum, Room 1.19b.
The course mark will be computed using the following weighting:
- Homework 1: 10%
- Homework 2: 10%
- Final Exam: 80% (exams are with open book(s) and notes)
- R. Sutton and A. Barto, Reinforcement Learning, MIT Press, 1998. (Required)
This book has an associated web page.
- S. Thrun, W. Burgard, D. Fox, Probabilistic Robotics, MIT Press, 2006.
This book is available
in the library and in the CDT RAS library.
- D.P. Bertsekas, Dynamic Programming and Optimal Control, 2 Vols., Athena Scientific Press, 2005.
- W.B. Powell, Optimal Learning, Wiley, 2012.
- V. Krishnamurthy, Partially Observed Markov Decision Processes, Cambridge University Press, 2016.
This book is available online, through the library.
Other specific references (e.g., research papers) will be suggested along with corresponding lectures.
Course web pages
for last year (2016-17).
This page is maintained by the course lecturer
|Informatics Forum, 10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9AB, Scotland, UK
Tel: +44 131 651 5661, Fax: +44 131 651 1426, E-mail:
Please contact our webadmin with
any comments or corrections. Logging and Cookies
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all material is copyright ©
The University of Edinburgh