Reinforcement Learning (Level 11)
2016-17 Semester 2
Lecturer: Subramanian Ramamoorthy (
Lecture times: Tuesday and Friday 12:10 - 13:00 at
Teviot Lecture Theatre, Medical School, Doorway 5
First lecture on 17/1/2017
Lecture topics, handouts and schedule
The course mark will be computed using the following weighting:
- Homework 1: 10%
- Homework 2: 10%
- Final Exam: 80%
- R. Sutton and A. Barto, Reinforcement Learning, MIT Press, 1998. (Required)
This book is available online
(please note a link to the second edition, currently being written, which I will usually refer to).
- S. Thrun, W. Burgard, D. Fox, Probabilistic Robotics, MIT Press, 2006.
This book is available
in the library and in the CDT RAS library.
- D.P. Bertsekas, Dynamic Programming and Optimal Control, 2 Vols., Athena Scientific Press, 2005.
- W.B. Powell, Optimal Learning, Wiley, 2012.
- V. Krishnamurthy, Partially Observed Markov Decision Processes, Cambridge University Press, 2016.
This book is available online, through the library.
Other specific references (e.g., research papers) will be suggested along with corresponding lectures.
Course secretary: Ms. Alexandra Welsh
Course representative: TBD
This page is maintained by the course lecturer
|Informatics Forum, 10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9AB, Scotland, UK
Tel: +44 131 651 5661, Fax: +44 131 651 1426, E-mail:
Please contact our webadmin with
any comments or corrections. Logging and Cookies
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all material is copyright ©
The University of Edinburgh