Subject: [Staff] AI Library

From: Olga Franks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:59:23 +0000 (GMT)

I should like to thank all collegues and students for their many
messages of concern and support following the fire that consumed
so much of the AI Library.  You will be relieved to hear that
some early archival material such as DCL memos, EPU, DAI research 
papers, MSc theses from 1984 to 1998, early PhD theses as well
as some general reports which were not on regular display 
thankfully survived in an unaffected area and were removed 
yesterday to temporary accommodation in the closed access area
of the Main Library.  They will be available for loan shortly
on request.
  
Regretfully, all books, journals and reports from other AI centres
such as MIT, Stanford, CMU etc have been lost.  Several staff and
graduates have offered personal books and other material to 
contribute towards the re-establishment of the collection.  We are 
most grateful and encouraged by this generosity which strengthenes 
our optimism at such a difficult time.  

I have been authorised to commence re-ordering appropriate material
immediately, and would appreciate receiving from staff the full 
details of all texts recommended for AI modules at their earliest 
opportunity. 

Thank you very much for your help.

Olga
_______________________________________________
staff mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.inf.ed.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/staff