Subject: [Staff] Deadline extensions for student work due in this week

From: Gillian Hayes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 17:28:57 +0000 (GMT)

Dear All,

After discussion with course organisers, this is the policy we've
agreed on for student deadlines for work due to be submitted this week.

* Deadlines remain unchanged if home directory or software or
machines needed not affected by fire.

For those students whose home directories are affected or using software
not currently available:

* CS2: 4pm, Friday 13th December. 

* AI2: Submit paperwork part of exercise to new ITO, Appleton Tower 
room 311, for 4pm, Friday 13th December.
Submit electronic part of exercise by 4pm, Friday 10th January.

* Other courses, modules: 4pm, Friday 10th January.

* Assignments requiring groupwork, e.g. HCI: if one or more members of
group are affected, deadline for group submission is 4pm, Friday 10th January.

Our aim was to be as fair and uniform as we could be, to take into account
current estimates of when home directories and software will be restored,
and to try to minimise potential difficulties with compensation and
concessions. Clearly, exam boards will take this disruption into consideration.

Information for students is in the process of being mounted on the 
emergency teaching page.

Gillian

Dr Gillian Hayes                               Email:  [email-masked]
Institute of Perception, Action and Behaviour  Tel:    +44-131-650-3082
University of Edinburgh                        Fax:    +44-131-650-6899
5 Forrest Hill, Edinburgh EH1 2QL              Vhf:             GM7 IHZ
Scotland         WWW:  http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/staff/Gillian_Hayes.html
_______________________________________________
staff mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.inf.ed.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/staff