Subject: [sb-people] Entry to South Bridge

From: Dave Robertson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 22:34:52 +0000 (GMT)

It appears that we will be allowed entry to 80 South Bridge, via the Chambers 
Street door, from 9.30 tomorrow (Tuesday 10th) to collect personal/essential 
belongings from those offices not destroyed by the fire.  This is to allow the 
removal of small amounts of material.  Plans are being made to hire a removal 
company to remove the bulk of salvageable material once we have taken our 
personal items.  I already have phoned many of you  about this.  My apologies 
to those only receiving word by mail - I wasn't able to collect all your home 
phone numbers.  If you don't read this message until too late to obtain access 
then don't worry.  Your belongings should still be included in the removal 
company's operation.

Sadly, as you probably know, nothing appears to be salvageable from the South 
Bridge wing of the building.  It seems, however, that many of the offices in 
the Chambers Street wing are at least partly intact.  People from those offices 
are the ones I hope can receive access tomorrow.

It is still a little early to report back on likely new premises, other than to 
say that we should have temporary accommodation in the near future - giving us 
a small breathing space before moving to more appropriate accommodation a few 
months later.  Meantime, keep watching mail and phone me on the usual number 
(01368830489) as you need to.

    Dave
_______________________________________________
sb-people mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.inf.ed.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/sb-people