Natural Language Understanding
Quizzes will appear on
| 1 ||Jan 31, 2017
||Distributional Models of Semantics
| 2 ||Mar 7, 2017
||Unsupervised PoS Tagging; Language Modeling
| 3 ||tbc
Quizzes are not for credit. Their purpose is to assess student
performance informally, identify gaps in understanding, and prepare
Questions and materials for each assignment will be posted on this web
page on day given under "Start" in the table above. Please bear in mind:
- The assignments together are worth 30% of your final mark (i.e., 15% per assignment).
- The assignments are due at 16:00 on the date given under
"Submit" in the table above.
- Late submissions of assignments are not permitted, but in certain
cases an extension to the deadline can be granted, see the
on Late Coursework for details.
- Assignments need to be handed in electronically, see instructions below.
- Marked assignments will be returned to students two weeks after
the "Submit" date.
- Feedback on assignments will be provided as detailed on
the feedback page.
- Assessed work is not collaborative, and should be
done individually unless explicitly specified in the
assignment. You are encouraged to collaborate on unassessed
work. See the
on Academic Misconduct for details.
Please submit your solutions
using Blackboard Learn
students enrolled in this course are automatically signed up to Learn.
Note that as part of the submission process, the TurnItIn software is
used for plagiarism detection and as part of this, your submission
will be stored in a database. Please read the
|Informatics Forum, 10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9AB, Scotland, UK
Tel: +44 131 651 5661, Fax: +44 131 651 1426, E-mail:
Please contact our webadmin with
any comments or corrections. Logging and Cookies
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all material is copyright ©
The University of Edinburgh