MSc: Knowledge Modelling and Management 2010/2011
In 2010-2011, KMM will have two parts:
- Part A will cover ontologies and be presented by Dr Stuart Aitken; and
- Part B will give an overview of knowledge management and relevant
technologies in this field, and be presented by Dr Jessica Chen-Burger;
outline for part A (Ontologies).
Part A: Ontologies (download
this archive of papers: ontology-reading.tar.gz )
Part B: Modelling Methods
Also relevant for part B:
- Knowledge Engineering and Management: The CommonKADS
Methodology. Guus Schreiber, Robert de Hoog, Hans Akkermans,
Anjo Anjewierden, Nigel Shadbolt, Walter Van de Velde, and Bob
- Business Intelligence - a managerial approach, by Efraim Turban,
Ramesh Sharda, Dursun Delen and David King.
Published by Pearson Education, Inc. Publishing as Prentice Hall. ISBN 13:978-0-13-247882-3. Copyright (c) 2011.
- Data Mining - Concepts and Techniques by Jiawei Han and Micheline Kamber, published by Morgan Kaufmann.
Students are not required to buy the second and third books listed, as they only consist of a small part of the course.
Chen-Burger and Stuart Aitken
|Informatics Forum, 10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9AB, Scotland, UK
Tel: +44 131 651 5661, Fax: +44 131 651 1426, E-mail:
Please contact our webadmin with
any comments or corrections. Logging and Cookies
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all material is copyright ©
The University of Edinburgh