- Drop-in labs start in Week 2.
- Matlab is available on DICE machines, and it can be also
installed on perosnal computers (See
for use at home)
- For those who prefer free software,
try GNU Octave
Demonstrators: Ioannis Chalkiadakis (Monday sessions),
Caesar Zhang (Tuesday sessions)
- Labs are held on Monday and Tuesday 11:10-13:00 in AT-6.06, starting in Week 2.
Week 02 (21,22 Jan.):
Introduction to Matlab.
Lab 1 Part 1 and
Week 03 (28,29 Jan.):
Similarity and recommender systems.
Lab 2, and
Week 04 (04,05 Feb.):
K-means clustering and PCA.
Lab 3, and data sets:
Week 05 (11,12 Feb.):
Week 06 (25,26 Feb.):
Statistical pattern recognition.
Week 07 (04,05 Mar.):
Naive Bayes and Introduction to Gaussians.
Week 08 (11,12 Mar.):
Classification with Gaussians.
- Week 09 (TBC): CW2 drop-in labs
- Week 10 (TBC): CW2 drop-in labs
- Week 11 (TBC): CW2 drop-in labs
|Informatics Forum, 10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9AB, Scotland, UK
Tel: +44 131 651 5661, Fax: +44 131 651 1426, E-mail:
Please contact our webadmin with
any comments or corrections. Logging and Cookies
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all material is copyright ©
The University of Edinburgh