Instructors: James Cheney
and Rik Sarkar
- In 2013-2014 this course will run in the second semester.
- Lecture schedule: Mondays and Thursdays; 14:10-15:00
- Lecture Venue: Appleton Tower (11 Crichton street), Lecture Theatre 1
Final Exam: 75%.
Coursework: 25% -- One assignment with programming and theory.
Last year's web page.
Note that last year the course was run as a split level 10/11
course. This year it will be run only as a level 11 course.
for the course
- Summative feedback: The coursework assignment will be made
available electronically on this web page by January 27. It will be due March 13 at
4pm, via electronic submission. It will be evaluated and graded by April 3. Feedback will
consist of scores for parts of the assignment along with brief explanations
of the reasons for deduction of credit.
- Formative feedback: Lecturers will hold weekly office hours where students are welcome
to ask questions or discuss the assignment. This provides an
opportunity for students to improve their understanding of the
course material as evaluated in the coursework or final exam.
Last Updated: 19th September 2013 -- James Cheney
|Informatics Forum, 10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9AB, Scotland, UK
Tel: +44 131 651 5661, Fax: +44 131 651 1426, E-mail:
Please contact our webadmin with
any comments or corrections. Logging and Cookies
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all material is copyright ©
The University of Edinburgh