DMMR: Tutorial Sheets (which include Coursework questions)

Weekly tutorial sheet exercises are discussed in tutorial groups. The last exercise on each tutorial sheet is marked, and every student must submit the solution to the ITO by the due date for each week(see below). There will be 10 tutorial sheets in all. Each weekly marked question counts as (1/10)'th of the coursework mark, and the total coursework marks count as 15% of the overall mark. (The exam mark is the other 85%.)

Organization of coursework:

The first exercise sheet is available on Monday 16. September. Solutions (to the last question on the sheet) must be handed in on paper at the ITO by Thursday, 19. September, 4:00pm.
The second (and all further) exercise sheets will be available here every Wednesday at 2:00pm. Solutions (to the last question on the sheet) must be handed in on paper at the ITO by the following Wednesday at 4:00pm. (In particular, the second exercise sheet will be available on Wednesday 18. September.)
Exercises will be discussed in tutorial groups during the week after submission. Graded coursework is returned to the students in the tutorial. Tutorial attendance is mandatory.

Links to weekly tutorial sheets will appear here when tutorial sheets are issued.

Tutorial out due Materials
Tutorial sheet 1: Review of Propositional Logic Monday 16 Sept Thursday 19 Sept at 16:00 Tutorial Sheet 1 Solutions
Tutorial sheet 2: Quantifiers and Proof Techniques Wednesday 18 Sept Wednesday 25 Sept at 16:00 Tutorial Sheet 2 Solutions
Tutorial sheet 3: Sets, Relations and Functions Wednesday 25 Sept Wednesday 2 Oct at 16:00 Tutorial Sheet 3 Solutions
Tutorial sheet 4: Functions, Sequences, Basic Recurrence and Cardinality Wednesday 2 Oct Wednesday 9 Oct at 16:00 Tutorial Sheet 4 Solutions
Tutorial sheet 5: Algorithms and Complexity Wednesday 9 Oct Wednesday 16 Oct at 16:00 Tutorial Sheet 5 Solutions
Tutorial sheet 6: Number Theory, Cryptography and Induction Wednesday 16 Oct Wednesday 23 Oct at 16:00 Tutorial Sheet 6 Solutions
Tutorial sheet 7: Counting Wednesday 23 Oct Wednesday 30 Oct at 16:00 Tutorial Sheet 7 Solutions
Tutorial sheet 8: Graphs Wednesday 30 Oct Wednesday 6 Nov at 16:00 Tutorial Sheet 8 Solutions
Tutorial sheet 9: More on Graphs and Trees Wednesday 6 Nov Wednesday 13 Nov at 16:00 Tutorial Sheet 9 Solutions
Tutorial sheet 10: Discrete Probability Wednesday 13 Nov Wednesday 20 Nov at 16:00 Tutorial Sheet 10 Solutions

Additional recommended exercises:

This list contains some suggestions for additional non-mandatory exercises for further study. These are not discussed in the tutorials. (Note that the page numbers in the actual printed textbook do not completely agree with the page numbers in the downloadable versions of chapters 1 and 2.)


Home : Teaching : Courses : Dmmr 

Informatics Forum, 10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9AB, Scotland, UK
Tel: +44 131 651 5661, Fax: +44 131 651 1426, E-mail: school-office@inf.ed.ac.uk
Please contact our webadmin with any comments or corrections. Logging and Cookies
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all material is copyright © The University of Edinburgh