- 19. December 2018: DPMT system opens for project proposals.
- Friday, Jan. 18, 2019: Deadline for all project proposals (including self-proposed projects).
- Tue, Jan 22: Students start to register interest in projects and meet with potential supervisors
Supervisors mark interested students as suitable/unsuitable for
- Friday, Feb. 8 (5pm):
Project selection phase ends.
Supervisors have marked all interested students as either suitable or
unsuitable. Each student has ranked interesting projects in order of
preference and is marked suitable for at least 5 projects.
- Tuesday, Feb. 12: Project allocation begins. To be completed during the rest of the week.
- Monday, Feb. 18: Project allocation announced to students.
- Friday, Feb. 22: Special cases processed. Deadline for changes to projects and supervisors.
- 10am on Friday, April 5, 2019: IPP Proposal is due;
See IPP page.
- Thursday 13th June: Stage 2 BoE officially makes progression decisions.
- June: Students officially start work on MSc projects, based on their IPP.
- Friday, July 5 (deadline 4pm = 16:00): Submission of project progress reports.
Here is the guide on how to submit and process the progress reports.
- Friday, Aug 16: 12 noon deadline for submission of
- Monday, Sep 2: First and second markers complete their project
- Friday, Sep 6: First and second markers agree a mark for the project,
or fail to agree a mark,
and the supervisor fills in the agreed (or failure to agree) mark form
- Wednesday, Sep 18: All project moderation complete
- Wednesday 25th September: Stage 2 BoE make award decisions.
- Oct: Final MSc Board of Examiners Meeting