- Tuesday, Dec. 12, 2017: DPMT system opens for project proposals.
- Friday, Jan. 19, 2018: Deadline for all project proposals (including self-proposed projects).
- Tue, Jan 23: Students start to register interest in projects and meet with potential supervisors
Supervisors mark interested students as suitable/unsuitable for
- Friday, Feb. 9 (5pm):
Project selection phase ends.
Supervisors have marked all interested students as either suitable or
unsuitable. Each student has ranked interesting projects in order of
preference and is marked suitable for at least 5 projects.
- Tuesday, Feb. 13: Project allocation begins. To be completed during the rest of the week.
- Monday, Feb. 19: Project allocation announced to students.
- Friday, Feb. 23: Special cases processed. Deadline for changes to projects and supervisors.
- June: Students start work on MSc projects, based on their IPP.
- 14. June: Board of Examiners meeting for MSc taught modules. Officially determines progression to dissertation stage.
- Friday, July 6 (deadline 4pm = 16:00): Submission of project progress reports.
Here is the guide on how to submit and process the progress reports.
- Friday, Aug 17: 12 noon deadline for submission of
- Monday, Sep 3: First and second markers complete their project
- Friday, Sep 7: First and second markers agree a mark for the project,
or fail to agree a mark,
and the supervisor fills in the agreed (or failure to agree) mark form
- Wednesday, Sep 19: All project moderation complete
- Oct: Internal Board of Examiners Meeting
- Oct: Final MSc Board of Examiners Meeting