Inf3 Computer Architecture - 2015-16
- Assignment1 is out. Due 22-2-2016
- 1st lecture is Monday, 11th January 2016 at 10:00.
Lectures: Mondays and Thursdays, 10:00 - 10:50am, Lecture Theatre 1, 7 Bristo Square
Hennessy and Patterson Computer Architecture: A Quantitative Approach (5th edition)
4th edition is also acceptable.
You are strongly advised
to obtain a copy of the textbook as
there are no printed lecture notes for this module
There will be two programming assignments, which (in total) will contribute 25% of the overall mark for this course.
- Assignment1 In this assignment, which will contribute 12.5% of you overall mark, you will simulate various branch
predictors and integrate them with the simulator provided. Out 4-2-2016; Due 22-2-2016
Additional information and useful resources:
- Formative Feedback: Formative feedback for the CAR course will be provided through oral feedback provided during tutorials.
- Course Descriptor: Here
you can find assessment information, a link to a timetable covering
tutorials and lectures, and other useful info.
- Past exam papers: You can find past papers in the
ITO past papers repository.
- Course Questionnaire: Mid-semester questionnaire
IF room 2.04A, ext. 505123
|Informatics Forum, 10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9AB, Scotland, UK
Tel: +44 131 651 5661, Fax: +44 131 651 1426, E-mail:
Please contact our webadmin with
any comments or corrections. Logging and Cookies
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all material is copyright ©
The University of Edinburgh