Informatics 1 - Object-Oriented Programming
Time in Year:
Course runs in Semester 1
Number of Posts:
- Assist with the design and preparation of the tutorial assignments for the course.
- Take one tutorial group per week (1 h).
- Take one lab session per week (3 h).
- Provide advice on the class test, mock exam and programming exam.
- Act as first point of contact with tutors/demonstrators.
- Monitor the course newsgroup on a daily basis and respond to student emails.
- Attend the Inf1B staff student liaison meeting.
- Update the course web pages on a weekly basis with information about tutorial assignments.
Although the course is delivered in Semester 2, the tutorial
preparation work can start immediately, and some other preparation
tasks will take place in Semester 1.
- proficiency in Java
- tutoring experience
- TA experience (esp. course preparation)
- Inf1B-OOP experience
- experience with Eclipse (or another IDE)
- familiarity with HTML
To be confirmed.
This post is paid at grade UE06,
currently upwards of £12.50/hr.
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy
your email to Ewan so that he knows that you are interested.
|Informatics Forum, 10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9AB, Scotland, UK
Tel: +44 131 651 5661, Fax: +44 131 651 1426, E-mail:
Please contact our webadmin with
any comments or corrections. Logging and Cookies
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all material is copyright ©
The University of Edinburgh