Introductory Applied Machine Learning
Time in Year:
Course runs in Semester 1.
Number of Posts:
IAML is a new course being taught for the first time in Autumn 2008.
The course text will be Data Mining (2e) by Ian H. Witten and
Eibe Frank, Morgan Kaufmann (2005).
The TA will be responsible for:
- helping to develop examples for the lectures
- helping to develop questions for the one assignment
- helping to develop materials for labs and tutorials
- running lab sessions (2 x 4 hours)
- conducting tutorials for 2 tutorial groups (4 sessions for each group)
- marking of the assignment
The TA will need to be familiar with machine learning methods, and
ideally will have experience of applying these methods to real-world
data. Having done well in courses like LfD and DME would be
This post is paid at grade UE06,
currently upwards of £12.50/hr.
up to 80 (depending upon student numbers)
Chris Williams and Victor Lavrenko
email to email@example.com and copy your email to Chris
and Victor so that they know that you are interested.